After a month off, we are able to return to the pitch starting today (Wednesday) for training and matches. We are awaiting confirmation from Yorkshire and North Hockey whether we will be able to play league games, or if these are limited to friendlies.
As a reminder, the changing and shower facilities still closed, however, toilets will be open. The precautions we had in place before lockdown will continue, with a couple of important changes:
- Any spectators must follow the revised Tier 3 gathering limits and social distancing rules.
- The clubhouse will remain closed in line with Tier 3 guidelines.
- The start time of games will be changed to allow for additional cleaning and allow players to get on and off the pitch:
- 10:30 games will start at 10:00
- 12:00 games will start at 11:40
- 13:00 games will start at 13:20
- 15:00 games will stay at 15:00
- 16:30 games will start at 16:40
As we get back to training and playing, we need to maintain vigilance. This is everyones responsibility to ensure that hockey is played in a safe way for all those involved:
No-one should leave home to participate in any form of hockey if they, or someone they live with, has any of the following:
- A high temperature (above 37.8 Degrees C);
- A new, continuous cough
- A loss of, or change to, their sense of smell or taste
The science shows that the highest risk of transmission is in the gatherings before or after a game. We need to continue our 2 meter social distancing before and after games and training sessions.