Members of Slazenger Hockey Club can now book the hockey pitch, in line with Government and England Hockey guidance. As a trial, there are 4 quarters of the pitch which can be booked. Depending on how popular this is, we may make changes in future. Please note the following:
- Pitch booking costs £2 per person, up to a maximum of £6, if families are using a quarter.
- This is only for current club members (and parents of U16’s) who paid subs in 2019-20 season.
- Players under 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- A quarter can be booked by:
- A household, no more than 6 people who live together and are therefore not required to socially distance from each other.
- 6 individuals from different households who must maintain the 2m distance whilst hitting or passing the ball.
- Social distancing guidelines must be followed at all times.
- You can only use your own equipment.
- Goals must not be moved.
- Do not attend if you are self isolating or exhibiting the symptoms of Covid-19.
- The club has the right to cancel bookings at any time dependant on changes to guidance from the Government.
Pitch Space Available
Book your pitch space
Please listen to the pitch co-ordinator. They are there for your safety and have given up their time to do so.
If you are from different households, you must socially distance (be 2m away) from each other at all times, in line with government guidelines.
Players should enter by the main entrance and exit at the bottom gate (by the ambulance access.
Please use your own equipment (sticks, balls, water bottles), and avoid touching other equipment such as goals, fencing and the dugouts. If playing with a member outside your household, you should only touch the ball with your stick or goalkeeping pads.
Players should follow Public Health England advice for good hygiene at all times, as a minimum players must wash their hands before coming to the pitch and as soon as possible when they leave.
Litter should be removed by the member who bought it with them after the session.
Do not congregate and socialise after your session is over.
No alcohol is to be consumed on the premises.
Members are not travel to pitch together unless with members of their household.
Players should arrive as close as possible to when they need to be there.
Members will be requested to park in alternate bays if possible to ensure a distance of 2m is maintained between members from separate households.
Tennis courts are open and people are back playing. Please respect members of other sections and make sure you adhere to the social distancing guidelines at all times.
The clubhouse, changing rooms and toilets will all remain closed.
In case of injury there is a first aid kit in the container which the pitch supervisor can retireve. In an emergency, call 999.
If a player requires assistance, a member of their household should do so, or please comply with the following;
- If this is not possible either the person playing with them should assist at a socially distant distance.
- If the player is injured and you cannot help them from 2m away then the rules of social distancing will need to be broken to help them. This should be done by the fewest number of players possible and they should avoid touching their face or property until they have used hand sanitiser.
Guidelines on first aid can be found here: https://www.sja.org.uk/get-advice/first-aid-advice/covid-19-advice-for-first-aiders/
If a parent or guardian should be present, this should be limited to one non-spectator who should observe social distancing guidelines.
During 1-to-1 coaching sessions with a junior, a parent/guardian must be present at all times and should follow social distancing guidelines.
Playing outside and at a socially distant distance means the risk of transmission is small if members respect and stick to the social distancing guidelines and the pitch etiquette outlined above.
If you or a household member has symptoms of coronavirus you must not participate and should self-isolate accordingly, and not book or play hockey during that period.
We hope you’re all as excited to get back to playing as us. If these bookings go well, we may have the opportunity to expand and develop provision over the summer.
However, we must inform you all that if you do not adhere to the social distancing guidelines your privileges will be removed and you will no longer be able to use the pitch. If multiple and repeated infringements occur this could result in the use of the pitch being taken away from all members until England Hockey and the government deem it appropriate to resume normal play.
See you on the Pitch!
Slazenger Hockey Club Executive Committee